Visit Active East Riding this February half termFri 12th February 2021
With the arrival of the February half term holidays, East Riding of Yorkshire Council is reminding residents of Active East Riding, a website full of ideas and suggestions for people of all ages during this period when many of the council’s facilities are closed and people cannot socialise as normal.
For those having to spend more time at home, the council is encouraging people to discover things to do, to learn from and to take part in whilst there.
The site was originally launched during the first lockdown in April, and has been regularly updated ever since, with a range of activities and ideas.
- Learn about free library book deliveries, from East Riding Libraries and the Tigers Trust for those who are isolating
- Learn how to draw cartoons
- Try out puzzles
- Discover the East Riding Museums’ Ways to Wellbeing
- Try Les Mills on demand, and enjoy workouts at home from East Riding Leisure
- Explore East Riding Archives online, including the Photo Archives
- Enjoy virtual visits to over 80 exhibitions online
- Listen to podcasts from Beverley Art Gallery
- Listen to eAudiobooks
- Discover Sewerby Hall at home
- Choose from a range of activities for children and young people of all ages.
Councillor Richard Burton, leader of the council, said: “Active East Riding is a brilliant website, full of great ideas of things to do and to try. I am delighted that we have been able to put so many diverse things together on one website.
“Good mental health and wellbeing are essential in challenging times like these, and Active East Riding can offer a great deal to keep people occupied and entertained.”
- East Riding Libraries also have an extensive online library available 24/7, of eBooks, audiobooks, magazines and local, national and international newspapers which can all be downloaded free with your library card. To join the library online (it's free) or find out more about downloading items from the online library, visit eastridinglibraries.co.uk.
- East Riding Leisure’s popular You Tube channel offers subscribers vlogs, short workouts and full workouts. New full workouts are released every week, alongside shorter version classes and vlogs, delivered by their own fully trained fitness instructors.These include 30 minute, 45 minute and 60 minute workouts, offering a mix of cardio, strength, well-being and classes for those less mobile. New workouts premiere throughout the week, all delivered by fully trained instructors, and all free of charge. Keep checking the page for new classes and updates at: youtube.com/EastRidingLeisure