East Riding of Yorkshire Council launches Omicron Additional Restrictions Grant schemeSat 5th February 2022
The council has launched the Omicron Additional Restrictions Grant scheme to support businesses in the East Riding.
It comes after the government announced that councils would be provided with additional funding to help businesses that have been severely impacted by the Omicron variant but cannot access the Omicron Hospitality and Leisure Grant.
Businesses that have suffered a severe loss of income during December 2021 due to the rise of the Omicron variant and are unable to access other forms of financial support can now apply for grants from £250 up to a potential £6,000.
Businesses must meet the following criteria to be eligible for a grant:
- Businesses that are in the hospitality, leisure and accommodations sectors, or their supply chain. Please check the council’s website for a list of eligible businesses: https://eryc.link/omicron-additional-restrictions-grant
- Business which were trading on 1 October 2021 and are still currently doing so
- Businesses that can demonstrate they have suffered a loss of income of more than 30% during December 2021, in comparison to their trading conditions during October 2021 and November 2021
- Businesses which have fixed business costs or a rateable value for business rates and are not eligible for the Omicron Hospitality and Leisure Grant
Due to the limited funding received by the council, this scheme cannot support all businesses.
Councillor Jane Evison, portfolio holder for economic growth and tourism, said: “The council understands that many businesses have been hit hard by coronavirus restrictions and the rise of the Omicron variant. We are encouraging businesses to visit our website to find out if they are eligible for the Omicron Additional Restrictions Grant, and if so, to apply before the deadline."
The closing date for applications is 6 March 2022 and is limited to one application per business or sole trader.
For more information, details of the criteria for the grant scheme and the application form go to: https://eryc.link/omicron-additional-restrictions-grant
* Businesses across the East Riding looking for more advice and guidance during the COVID-19 pandemic can contact the council’s business support team by emailing email@example.com
The Omicron Hospitality and Leisure Grant scheme was launched on 14 January 2022, and the closing date for applications is 18 March 2022. For more information, including a list of the types of businesses that are eligible to apply for the scheme, details about how to apply, and any exclusions that apply, visit: