Donate to ert to keep you entertainedTue 1st December 2020
ERT launch fundraising campaign...
East Riding Theatre aims to raise £20,000 through public donations. This money will go towards solidifying their future as both an arts organisation and a valued local charity.
Recent funding has allowed ert to employ four instrumental members of staff, each fundamental in leading the organisation towards a resilient reopening and a stable future.
This funding however, will only support employment until 31st March, 2021. And, once the theatre reopens, it is anticipated that social distancing will still be in place. As a result, the main revenue source (ticket sales) will be reduced by two-thirds.
With your help, ert can look forward to returning stronger than ever in 2021 and once again support the local economy by bringing joyous, life-affirming productions to our community.
How can you help
You can donate to East Riding Theatre in three ways...
1. Through the box office
*Don't forget to click the ‘Gift Aid’ button.
2. By texting 'ERTATHOME' with your chosen amount to 70490.
(For example, to donate £1, text 'ERTATHOME 1')
*Please note: text donations only work on networks that support short dial codes.
3. For sizeable donations, cheques or direct debits, please contact the general manager, Sue Kirkman at email@example.com.
East Riding Theatre is a registered charity (no: 1166020).
The day-to-day running of the theatre relies on volunteers, including: a front of house team, a small managerial team, and a volunteer board of directors. The theatre’s output however, is reliant on a very small team of paid staff.
Donations will help ert to do four things...
- 1. Ensure ert can continue to deliver exciting and community-valued theatre
- 2. Support the employment of a small-but-essential team of staff.
- 3. Engage local arts freelancers struggling during the pandemic.
- 4. Cover part of the building’s rent and upkeep during closure.
ERT would like to see the hashtag #donate2ERT out there, so help them achieve the target to secure a great future.