The king of lower body exercises. Great for building up the muscles of the lower body (Glutes, hamstrings, Quads).
How to perform:
- Stand with feet around shoulder width apart, with weight distributed evenly throughout the foot.
- Slowly begin descending down making sure to maintain an upright torso keeping the core engaged throughout.
- Squat to a depth that is below parallel and allow the knees to track the toes.
- Drive explosively back up to the start position.
Other variations include:
- Barbell Back Squat
- Goblet Squat (performed with a kettlebell or a dumbbell).