NEW COVID-19 safety guidanceThu 31st December 2020
Residents of the East Riding are being urged to continue to follow the COVID-19 safety guidance set in place early December.
Beverley and the surrounding area is in Tier 3 (Very High).
The Government announced that the East Riding, along with Hull and many other nearby areas, will all continue to be in the level three restrictions.
Ministers have made decisions on which areas are in which tiers based on factors such as how quickly infection rates are rising or falling, the ratio of positive tests and the current and projected pressure on the NHS.
Some of the key aspects of Tier 3 restrictions are:
- âˆ™ No mixing of different households indoors or outdoors, including hospitality venues and private gardens.
- âˆ™ The rule of six applies in outdoor public spaces, such as parks.
- âˆ™ Pubs and restaurants closed, except for takeaway and delivery services.
- âˆ™ Indoor entertainment venues closed.
- âˆ™ Accommodation, such as hotels, B&Bs, campsites and guest houses, must close.
- âˆ™ There are several exemptions, such as for those who use these venues as their main residence and those requiring the venues where it is reasonably necessary for work or education and training.
- âˆ™ Guidance against travelling in and out of Tier 3 areas.
- âˆ™ Personal care, such as hairdressing, is allowed.
- The tier restrictions will continue until further notice is given by the Government.
The Government has said it will review tier allocations again on Wednesday 13 January 2021. however the measures are constantly being reviewed, and changes can be made at short notice.
Follow the Guidelines and look forward to a positive 2021.